12.15.2007

Extra Credit Blog

What did you think about the blog assignment? Should I keep it, modify it, or get rid of it? Did you like writing papers in this format rather than the traditional way? Anything you would change, expand or reduce about the class?

  • Overall, I enjoyed the blog assignment. I am always open to trying new things and I thought that doing this compared to writing papers was much more exciting and entertaining. I also thought that because we had to go in depth with the answers - talking to a new audience who didn't know the concepts that we were studying - I learned a lot more about the concepts and can talk about them a lot better than I would be able to otherwise because I am more familiar with them. I also enjoyed using my creative side like we were able to do with Intercultural Comm and the topical dictionaries.
  • I definitely think that you should keep the blog posts. However, the only adjustment that I would make, for your sake as well as ours, is to either shorten the questions down and do them every other week, or only have a few more in depth ones throughout the semester.
  • I definitely like writing on a blog compared to writing a paper the traditional way. I think that the main reason is because I get to be more creative. Also, we all have to write papers in the traditional format for most of our other classes, thus it is nice to have a change from the norm
  • I really enjoyed the class overall. I liked the topics that we covered and I definitely enjoyed the more discussion format. It was nice to hear what everyone had to say as well as hear new experiences from all different levels. I honestly wouldn't make any changes expect what I suggested for the blogs.
Thanks Dr. Berdayes!

No comments: