9.24.2007

The replacable worker

After talking about McDonalds and how their employees are handled, I thought that it was very funny to run into this -

As I was driving down to Indy this past weekend, I stopped at a McDonalds to grab some coffee. The drive-thru line was quite long so I decided to go inside. Thank God I did, because I was able to witness exactly what we have been talking about in class!

Standing there waiting for them to bring my coffee out, a young guy - probably in his late teens, early twenties walked into the restaurant. He was holding his uniform and shoes and placed it on the outer edge counter and said to the worker standing there, "I quit, I can't handle this any more. Make sure that they get this uniform so that it isn't taken out of my paycheck." He waits until he makes sure that a few people have heard that and then leaves. Who would have thought?

No comments: